Photo Educators: Fill out our survey about education here
Light Leaked invites artists to submit to the exhibition, Today’s Agenda: Images on Teaching and Learning. For this exhibition we seek photographic works connected to issues and ideas of teaching, learning, education, or schooling. We encourage wide interpretations of the theme.
An incomplete list of the types of images that could be submitted in response to this call include:
- photographs of formal, physical teaching and learning contexts (e.g Catherine Wagner’s American Classroom project).
- photographs of learners or teachers in or around formal school settings (e.g. Dawoud Bey’s Class Pictures project; Judith Joy Ross’ Portraits of the Hazleton Public Schools project).
- photographs of teaching or learning as it unfolds in daily life (e.g. Larry Towell).
- photographic renderings of abstract concepts one might teach or teaching-related concepts/objects (e.g. Berenice Abbott’s photographs on physics).
- photographic renderings of the affective or psychological side of teaching and/or learning.
- photographic responses to taught or learned information/misinformation.
- photographic representations of teaching or learning that utilize a mixed-media approach or abstraction to convey meaning.
Sarah Pfohl is an artist and teacher. She utilizes photography, drawing, and writing to examine issues of teaching, schooling, place, and ability. Sarah serves as Assistant Professor of Digital Photography and Photography Area Head in the Department of Art & Design at the University of Indianapolis.
This exhibition is FREE to enter. Submit a zip file containing 3-5 jpegs, 1000px on the longest side, sRBG color space to LLsubmission@gmail.com with the subject line Submission: Today's Agenda. Label images with the naming convention: Lastname_Firstname_Agenda001.jpg
In the body of the email please include: your name and website.
You may also include 1-2 sentences about the work if you so choose
Any incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Submission Deadline: closed
Exhibition Publication: closed
Acceptance emails will be sent along with a link to the exhibition on the date of publication